Knowing that writers in other states are struggling, too, might make me feel better.
- Do Florida iPads ever shut down from too much sand?
- Californians–is that pesky sunshine making that laptop too hot to hold on your sunburned legs?
- Hawaiians–do you have circular indentations covering the backs of your notebooks, curse jars full of quarters, and trash bins full of dead pens from too much orchid pollen?
For those of you feeling a ting of guilt as you bask on the beach, here are some great good-will ideas for the needy. (I’m talking about us cranky Vitamin D deprived writers and illustrators from up north):
- pencils with refillable lead
- fingerless gloves
- space heaters
- hot beverages
- airline tickets to any southern destination
Okay, I’m warmer, now that I vented.
A gift idea for the KEMs (besides the aforementioned) is to join us February 15 for our Barbara Park tribute post about KEM GEM, MICK HARTE WAS HERE. We’re eager to know your opinion about the middle grade novel and we look forward to seeing you there.